- Social Security Number and Card
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Spouses, Children, Survivors
- Your Social Security Payments
- Supplemental Security Income [SSI]
- Taxes, Credits, Funding
- Same-Sex Couples
- Other Topics
- Tarjeta de Número de Seguro Social
- Cónyuges, Niños, Sobrevivientes
- Otros temas
- Impuestos, Créditos, Financiamiento
- Parejas del mismo género
- Seguridad de Ingreso Suplementario (SSI)
- Servicios por Internet
- «my Social Security»
- Sus pagos de Seguro Social
- General Retirement Questions
- At what age should I start receiving my Social Security retirement benefits?
- Can I get Social Security retirement benefits and military retirement benefits?
- Can I withdraw my Social Security retirement claim and reapply later to increase my benefit amount?
- Retirement Planning
- How can I plan for retirement?
- How far in advance can I apply for Social Security retirement benefits?
- Can I restrict my application for benefits and apply only for spouse’s benefits and delay filing for my own retirement benefit in order to earn delayed retirement credits?
- Earnings Effect on Retirement Benefits
- How do special payments I got after I retired affect my Social Security retirement benefits?
- I had additional earnings after I retired; will my monthly Social Security retirement benefit increase?
- Must I pay Social Security taxes on my earnings after full retirement age?
Review Another FAQ
The FAQ Review and Request form is required to complete an FAQ review or request a new FAQ
Find full instructions on any FAQ detail page or Request New FAQ page.Download the FAQ Review and Request Form